职场英语场景详解

时间:2021-06-14 16:15:30 职场英语 我要投稿

职场英语场景详解

  职场英语场景

职场英语场景详解

  【他手边有太多事要做了】

  Vince: Morning, Zina. Just wanted to say thanks again!

  文斯: 早安,吉娜。只是想再次说声谢谢!

  Zina: Hi, Vince. Thanks for stopping by. How's the work coming along for the 1) online auction?

  吉娜: 嗨,文斯。多谢你又顺道过来了。线上竞标的工作进行得如何?

  Vince: Oh, yeah. I'm glad you 2) mentioned that. I think we need to hire somebody new to 3) manage it.

  文斯: 对了。我很高兴你提起这件事。我认为我们得请个新人来负责这部分。

  Zina: Can't Elvin 4) handle it?

  吉娜: 艾文他处理不来吗?

  Vince: I think he's got too much on his plate.

  文斯: 他手边有太多事要做了。

  语言详解

  A: Will you tell your boss I'm interested in a job?

  你会告诉你老板我有兴趣找工作吗?

  B: I'll mention it tomorrow.

  我明天就提。

  【have too much on one's plate 贪多嚼不烂】

  就算一个人的能力无穷,他的时间终究有限,若此时工作任务如排山倒海而来,难免让人怀疑他就算能一心二用,恐怕也免不了焦头烂额的下场,最后没有一样事情能做好。这种情况你就可以用Someone has too much on one's plate.来形容“(某人)贪多嚼不烂。”

  A: I think he has too much on his plate right now.

  我觉得他真的是贪多嚼不烂。

  B: I agree. He's too busy to return my calls, and we have some important business to finish.

  我同意。他忙到没时间回我电话,而我们还有重要的公事要敲定呢。

  跟这个惯用词相近的还有have a lot on one's plate,“有很多事要忙”。

  A: I know you've got a lot on your plate. But you also have to consider your health.

  我知道你有很多事要忙。但是你也该为健康着想。

  B: I can't agree more.

  我完全同意。

  1) online auction 线上竞标

  2) mention (v.) 提及,说到

  3) manage (v.) 管理, 处理

  4) handle (v.) 料理,处理。take care of...亦为“料理,处理……”的意思

  职场英语场景二

  你别欲擒故纵了SCENE3

  电话响起 戴夫与吉娜继续说话

  【你别欲擒故纵了】

  Zina: No, Dave. I haven't wrecked my jeep. I'm calling to 1) offer you a job.

  吉娜: 不,戴夫。我的吉普没有撞毁。我打来是要提供你工作机会的。

  Dave: With InfoKing? No, thanks.

  戴夫: 去“资讯王”?免了吧,多谢。

  Zina: I'd like you to manage a new online auction site we're building.

  吉娜: 我希望你能管理我们新架设中的线上竞标网站。

  Dave: I'm not interested, Zina.

  戴夫: 我没兴趣,吉娜。

  Zina: Don't play hard to get. The 2) pay is good. You'd be working with Elvin again.

  吉娜: 你别欲擒故纵了。薪水很高的。你会跟艾文再度共事。

  Dave: I don't think so.

  戴夫: 我想不妥吧。

  Zina: Elvin doesn't 3) hold a grudge, if that's what you're worried about.

  吉娜: 艾文并没有怀恨在心,若你是在担心这个的话。

  语言详解

  A: Life is too short to hold grudges. C'mon, talk to me again.

  人生苦短,何须心怀怨恨。来嘛,再跟我说话。

  B: Well, if you put it that way...

  OK. 既然你这样说……那好吧。

  【play hard to get 欲擒故纵】

  在人际的关系当中,好比男女关系或是聘雇之间的关系,有时候一方会采取不置可否的态度,让人觉得对方若即若离的,在要与不要之间,真叫人拿捏不定。也许你会觉得对方其实是想要,只是爱欲擒故纵、搞神秘,这种情况在美语中就可以用 play hard to get “欲擒故纵”来形容。

  A: I don't think Lisa likes me.

  我不觉得莉莎喜欢我。

  B: Yes, she does. She's just playing hard to get.

  不,她喜欢你。她只是欲擒故纵。

  1) offer (v.) 提供(工作机会等)

  2) pay (n.) 薪水,酬劳

  3) hold a grudge 心怀怨恨,挟怨

  职场英语场景三

  电话响起

  Zina: Hi, Dave. This is Zina.

  吉娜: 嗨,戴夫。我是吉娜。

  Dave: Zina? Zina the Snake?

  戴夫: 吉娜?诈包吉娜?

  Zina: I got your e-mail a couple of months back.

  吉娜: 几个月前我收到了你寄来的电子邮件。

  Dave: Yeah? Which one was that?

  戴夫: 是吗?是哪一封?

  Zina: The one that said, "You're a 1) creep. / From me you won't hear another 2) peep. / I hope you 3) wreck your jeep."

  吉娜: 上面写着:“你这讨厌鬼。/休想我会再理你。/希望你撞坏你的吉普车。”

  Dave: Right. That one. 4) Did it work?

  戴夫: 那一封啊。灵验了吗?

  1) creep (n.) 令人讨厌的人

  2) peep (n.) 小的声音。这里是指“消息”。

  3) wreck (v.) 撞毁

  4) Did it work? 有用吗?有效吗?

  1 2

  语言详解

  A: I told dad you wrecked the car!

  我跟老爸说你撞坏车子了!

  B: You're not going to get away with this. It was your fault, not mine.

  你脱不了关系。都是你的错,不是我。

  【Did it work? 灵验了吗?】

  要注意work 并不专指“工作”,有时指“灵光、有效”。

  A: My brain doesn't seem to work well today.

  我脑袋今天好像不灵光。

  B: You're better take a walk outside. But be back soon. We have a lot of work to do this afternoon.

  你最好到外面走一走。但是要快快回来,我们下午有一大堆事要做。

  A: I understand you had a bad cold yesterday.

  我听说你昨天患了重感冒。

  B: It's gone. My grandma's pre**ion really works.

  已经痊愈了。我祖母的处方真的有效。

  职场英语场景四

  【我知道最适合的人选】

  Zina: OK, let's find somebody then.

  吉娜: 好吧,那我们就再找个人。

  Vince: Good. I'll take care of it.

  文斯: 好。我来处理这件事。

  Zina: Wait a second, Vince. You know what? Why don't you let me handle it?

  吉娜: 等等,文斯。这样吧,不好我来处理好了。

  Vince: Are you sure? 1) Do you have somebody in mind?

  文斯: 你确定?你心目中有人选吗?

  Zina: Yeah. Let me see if he'll do it, and I'll get back to you.

  吉娜: 有。我先去看看他做不做,再跟你说。

  Vince: OK. Just keep in mind it has to be somebody who can 2) get along with Elvin.

  文斯: 好。切记这个人得要能跟艾文处得来。

  Zina: 3) Don't sweat it. I know just the guy.

  吉娜: 你别多虑了。我知道最适合的人选。

  语言详解

  A: If you need any help, just call.

  需要任何协助,尽管打电话来。

  B: Thanks. I'll keep that in mind.

  谢谢。我会谨记在心。

  【I'll get back to you. 我再回复你。】

  当有人问起你一些事情或是讯息,若你无法立即答复,得要先去研究研究的时候,就可以用上这句话 I'll get back to you.“我会再回复你。”表达等你一有结论就会主动联络对方的诚意。

  A: How much are these machines going to cost me?

  这些机器要花我多少钱啊?

  B: Let me check my figures, and I'll get back to you on that.

  待我先查看一下数字,我再回复你。

  【Don't sweat it.别花这心思。】

  sweat 是“流汗”,而若是碰到要费一些周折才能解决的`事,流点汗肯定是免不了的。于是sweat 也可以用作名词,表示“苦差事”,引申做动词也就成了“费苦心”的意思,Don't sweat it 这句短语就是指“别花力气、心思在这上头”。目的是告诉对方不必大费周折,白花力气。

  A: I'm sorry I forgot your birthday party.

  我很抱歉忘了你的生日派对。

  B: Don't sweat it. I had a good time anyway.

  别多心了。反正我玩得很愉快。

  1) Do you have somebody in mind? 你心目中有人选吗?文后的keep...in mind 则是指“谨记在心”。

  2) get along with... 与……处得来

  3) Don't sweat it 别白费力气了

  职场英语场景五

  【我现在是自由工作者】

  Dave: Yeah. You don't need to rub it in.

  戴夫: 是啊。不劳你落井下石了。

  Mary: And then she 1) made the deal with MicroPower. Vince wanted to sell for fifteen million...

  玛莉: 然后她跟“微力”谈妥了条件。文斯本想用一千五百万卖掉的……

  Dave: Fifteen? And Zina pushed them up to seventy-five?

  戴夫: 一千五百万?而吉娜逼他们出到了七千五百万?

  Mary: That's right. Vince still stops by her office every day to thank her.

  玛莉: 没错。文斯到现在都还每天经过她的办公室,跟她道谢呢。

  Dave: Anyway, I'm still happy I left. I'm working as a 2) freelancer now.

  戴夫: 不管怎样,我还是很高兴我离开了。我现在是自由工作者。

  Mary: You really should have stayed with us, Dave.

  玛莉: 你当初真该留下跟我们一道的,戴夫。

  语言详解

  A: Who do you work for?

  你帮谁工作?

  B: No one. I'm a freelancer.

  没有谁。我是自由工作者。

  【rub it in 落井下石】

  rub it in 的这个动作就像是一抹再抹,越抹越进去的感觉,而这个片语在使用上,就是“落井下石”的意思,明明人家已经很惨了,却还要打落水狗,在伤口上撒盐。

  A: So, your sister beat you in bowling!

  所以你妹妹打保龄球赢了你!

  B: Stop rubbing it in, OK?

  别落井下石了,好吗?

  A: Didn't I tell you over and over again she doesn't like you?

  我不是一再告诉你她不喜欢你吗?

  B: You don't have to rub it in.

  你不用落井下石嘛。

  1) deal (n.) 交易;make a deal with...与……交易

  2) freelancer (n.) 自由工作者

  职场英语场景六

  【他们心悦诚服吗?】

  Mary: That's right. And I'm going to be Vice President of Marketing.

  玛莉: 没错。而我将会是行销部的副总裁。

  Dave: 1) Way to go, Mary. A lot has happened during the last few months, hasn't it?

  戴夫: 有一套,玛莉。过去几个月还真发生了不少事,对吧?

  Mary: 2) You can say that again!

  玛莉: 我完全同意!

  Dave: What's up with Vince and Elvin?

  戴夫: 文斯跟艾文怎么样?

  Mary: They work for Zina now.

  玛莉: 他们现在是吉娜的手下。

  Dave: And they're happy with that?

  戴夫: 那他们心悦诚服吗?

  Mary: 3) They're in awe of her. After they saw how she crushed WebTracker...but I guess you know all about that.

  玛莉: 他们很敬畏她。在他们目睹她如何搞垮“网路搜寻家”之后......但我想那你全都知道。

  语言详解

  A: That's a classy car!

  那台车真棒!

  B: Yeah, it belongs to the president.

  是啊,那台车是总载的。

  【What's up with...?……是怎么了?】

  这个句型可以用来询问人的状况,通常是你发现对方有啥不对劲的时候。

  A: What's up with him?

  他是怎么回事?

  B: He and his girlfriend just split up.

  他跟女朋友刚分手。

  你也可以用这个句型来问事物。

  A: What's up with the new air conditioner?

  这台新冷气机是怎么回事?

  B: The other one broke, so I went and bought this one.

  另一台坏掉了,所以我去买了这台新的。

  1) Way to go. “有一套。”这句短语是用来称赞他人的表现。

  2) You can say that again. 我再同意不过了。这句话是用来表达对他人说的话心有戚戚焉。

  3) be in awe of... 对……心存敬畏

[职场英语场景详解]相关文章:

1.职场对英语专业的需求依旧很大

2.英语话解说十种职场“潜规则”

3.从学英语新词看职场百态

4.职场经验这个从职场女孩到职场女王

5.职场经验之职场交际男女不同

6.职场新人如何变身职场达人?

7.备战职场_女性职场潜规则

8.职场经验之职场真朋友星座

9.职场小伪善 让你成为职场达人

10.职场经验之职场的潜规则

【职场英语场景详解】相关文章:

职场英语场景推荐10-21

职场英语场景应对策略10-24

职场英语场景四:SCENE 4 灵验了吗?10-25

职场英语场景六:他手边有太多事情要做了_应届毕业生网职场英语10-28

职场常用英语10-28

职场英语:童叟无欺10-26

职场英语:如何应对职场暴力10-23

K歌的时候可以说什么场景英语07-05

职场英语:进行职场薪酬谈判技巧10-28